Early Music Montreal

Monday, July 04, 2005

Regrets and Thanks


There were so many events and it was impossible to go to them all. I missed the young musicians as well as the spontaneous concerts at the cafe. Fatigue kept me from the concert honouring Mireille Lagacé. And work forced me to spend part of my day away from the Festival. I did manage dinners in the outdoor terrace near Bonsecours Market and enjoyed the ambiance of Old Montreal. Lectures I would have liked to attend went on without me and the participatory Toy Symphony also was missed. I'll have to organize my life better next year.

What a treat the festival has been. Susie Napper is to be congratulated for her inspired programming, incredible stamina and drive and unflappable personality. I have bathed in the sounds and have come out inspired and refreshed. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.