Early Music Montreal

Friday, August 19, 2005

Fall Season

I am in Early Music withdrawal. No concerts - but at least I have been playing. Most of my subscriptions have been ordered. September will soon be here and activities of the Montreal Recorder Society start in earnest. Then on the 15th of September, the Recorder Festival begins. At last - concerts! I have been looking over the brochure for the Bach Festival in November. Their web site is not yet ready, but there will be many concerts - a full week's immersion into Bach with many guest artists from out of town (Musica Antiqua Köln among others) as well as many of the wonderful Montreal early music groups. This is really a great city for early music afficionados.

So don't forget to order your tickets. Check out the web sites on the side for the 2005-06 seasons. And see you at many concerts - I'll be there.